Reservations: All reservations require a 50% deposit at time of booking. All bookings require a two-night stay. With that said, there are circumstances where we may only have one night available in between reservations or we may be able to accommodate a single night reservation. If you see there is only one night available, the system should allow you to book it without calling us. If you have any problems, please call us. Reservations are made on a first come first serve basis.
We accept VISA, Mastercard, Discover and American Express. Please note, we no longer accept PayPal as a form of payment.
Some units are priced based on the number of people staying in the unit. The reservation should be made using the number of people that you expect to make it. At the time of check-in, we will confirm the number of people and adjust the price up or down accordingly. Please note that we do count ALL bodies except babies LESS THAN 1 year old that are sleeping in pack and play’s or with their parents. If they are sleeping in a bed of their own, they are to be counted regardless of age. The reservation price is based on the highest number of people that will be in the unit at ANY given time, even if they are not staying the entire time. There are no exceptions to this.
Please note: If you need to cancel or change a reservation, you MUST call us. We DO NOT accept cancellations or changes to reservations via emails.
At Timber Ridge Outpost & Cabins we understand that things come up and life sometimes gets in the way and that it may become necessary to change plans or even postpone or cancel your vacation. If you need to change the dates of your visit we’ll be happy to work with you as best we can. In turn, we ask that you keep in mind that we are a small 10 unit business. One last minute cancellation has a significant effect on businesses our size, especially if the cancellation involves multiple units or extended stays. Keep in mind, the faster you let us know, the better our chances are to rebook the unit and give you some credit. Thank you in advance for understanding our position and respecting our cancellation/change policies as stated below.
Single unit reservations and any reservation of 5 nights or less:
Cancellations or changes made…
- 15-30 days before your confirmed date of arrival can either be refunded immediately or applied to the final balance of a future reservation, less the $50 cancellation/change fee.
- 3-14 days before your confirmed date of arrival, you may apply the deposit to a future reservation only if we are able to re-rent the unit for your original reservation dates. If we are able to re-rent the unit, you may apply your full deposit, less the $50 change fee, to the final balance of a future reservation. The future reservation must be made with a new deposit and the credit for the original cancelled reservation will be applied to the final balance at the time of check in. This credit will expire 6 months from the original reservation arrival date. If we are not able to find a replacement renter, you will lose your full deposit and will not be able to apply it to any future stays. We will not refund any deposit money if the reservation is canceled or changed 3-14 days before date of arrival.
- All “no shows” and cancellations made within 72 hours of arrival are responsible for the full amount of the reservation.
Group reservations (defined as any family or group that is traveling/vacationing together and has rented two or more units) OR any single unit reservation of 6 nights or more:
Cancellations or changes made…
- 31-60 days before your confirmed date of arrival can either be refunded immediately or applied to a future reservation, less the $50 cancellation/change fee (per unit, if applicable).
- 3-30 days or less before your confirmed date of arrival, you may apply the deposit to a future reservation only if we are able to re-rent the units for your original reservation dates. If we are able to re-rent the unit, you will be allowed to apply your full deposit, less the $50/unit change fee, to the final balance of a future reservation. The future reservation must be made with a new deposit and the credit for the original cancelled reservation will be applied to the final balance at the time of check in. This credit will expire 6 months from the original reservation arrival date. If we are not able to find a replacement renter, you will lose your full deposit and will not be able to apply it to any future stays. We will not issue a refund for any deposit money if the reservation is canceled or changed 30 days or less before date of arrival.
- All “no shows” and cancellations made within 72 hours of arrival are responsible for the full amount of the reservation.
Final payment is due at the time of check in. There are no refunds or credits issued to guests who check out early. If a reservation is cancelled and a refund is due but we are unable to refund the money back to the original credit card, a check will be issued LESS the credit card processing fee (3.5%) that we paid on the deposit amount.
We have no desire to keep anyone’s deposits, so please let us know as soon as possible so that we have the opportunity to work with you and find a replacement renter. Any exceptions to the above stated policies are at the sole discretion of Timber Ridge Outpost & Cabins and its management.
Cash/Checks: We do not accept personal checks. If you are paying your final payment with cash, we do require a credit card to be on file. We reserve the right to put a $100 security deposit hold on this card at the time of check in. Assuming there are no damages or missing items from the rental units, this deposit will be refunded, in full, within 48 hours of the day you check out. Any damages or missing items will be deducted from any security deposits.
Gift Certificates: If a Gift certificate is applied to a reservation deposit, it will be subject to the same cancellation policies as any other method of payment. If a reservation, which has been reserved using a valid gift certificate, is cancelled (see cancellation policies above), the value of that gift certificate is subject to be reduced by the deposit amount due (typically 50% of total reservation) as well as any cancellation/change fees unless otherwise agreed in advance. See our cancellation/change policy above for full details. Gift certificates are not refundable for any reason and all reservations made with a Gift Certificate are subject to all the same resort policies & reservation rules as stated here.
Check-in/Check-out: We guarantee all cabin and treehouse units to be ready by 3 pm. We guarantee all houses to be ready by 4pm. All guests will check in at our ice cream and gift store, Garden of the Gods Outpost located only a couple miles from your unit. The Outpost has seasonal hour changes that are listed on the “Outpost” page. If you expect to arrive after we close, no problem, just give us a call so we can go over our afterhours check in procedures.
If you think you will arrive early, come into the Outpost and we will get you checked in and give you maps of the area and site seeing recommendations. If the unit is not ready yet, you can take this opportunity to explore the area while waiting. When your unit is ready, we will send you a text or call you. Not sure where to go explore… we have some great suggestions that are close by.
Please note we are required to have a signature from all guests 18 and older and all children under 18 must have a parent or guardian sign for them at the time of check in. For this reason, we ask that all adult guests come into the Outpost for check in.
Check out time is 11:00am.
Tents: We are located in a very hilly area and there are limited number of places where the ground is flat enough to p itch a tent. If you might want to try anyway, please call in advance to discuss the limited options available. Additional fees do apply if the tent is to accommodate additional people. Please note, we DO NOT allow any additional people or tent campers in the Treehouses. For safety reasons, the Treehouses remain a maximum of 6 for White Oak Treehouse and a maximum of 4 for Maple Oak Treehouse. There are no exceptions to this so please do not ask.
Pets & Kids: We are a Pet & Kid Friendly resort. We allow up to two pets per unit for no additional charge, however, we do require a credit card to be on file in the event there is any damage to the unit or its furnishings.
To remain a pet friendly resort, pets that are aggressive towards other dogs, cats or people, will NOT be allowed. Pet owners assume ALL liability for their pets. We do have cats on our property so if your dog is aggressive or likes to chase cats, please leash them at all times or do not bring them. We love our pets too. Aggressive animals will be asked to leave immediately.
We require four simple things…..
- All pets are required to be current on shots and must be protected with Flea & Tick medicine BEFORE you arrive.
- All pets must be crated if left unattended in the units. No exceptions please! For your convenience, we do rent crates of all sizes for $8 per visit (not per night) but it is BYOB (Bring Your Own Blanket). Please call us in advance if you will need a crate in your unit.
- Please bring thick blankets to cover the furniture! Obviously, we ask that pets not be allowed on the furniture. Covering the furniture with a blanket or sheet, goes a long way to helping the cleaning people get all the dog hair up before the next guests arrive.
- All pets should be leashed when outside at the resort.
Please note, we will automatically charge your credit card for any damages done to the units, furnishings, linens or towels. You will be required to sign a paper stating that you agree to these charges in advance. In the event this is ever necessary, we will provide photographs of the damages. PLEASE help us remain a “no extra fee for your pets” resort and just let us know if your pet had a bad day and accidentally chewed the towel or corner of the rug. We ask only that you reimburse us for the actual cost of the damaged item.
The Pond AT Timber Ridge is available for all guests to enjoy. Please note: this pond is almost 17 feet deep! ALL CHILDREN MUST HAVE AN ADULT WITH THEM AT ALL TIMES WHEN AT THE POND. No swimming. All fishing is catch and release only. There is a paddle boat that guests may use but an adult must be in the craft at all times and everyone must be wearing a life jacket. Life jackets can be found by the paddle boat. If you don’t see them, let us know and we will get them right out to you.
Smoking: All of our units are non-smoking inside. We provide chairs and ash trays outside each unit for your convenience. We will charge a $250 cleaning fee if you smoke in the unit. This will be added to your bill automatically and is non-negotiable. Please note, if you are standing outside the door and the smoke is blowing into the unit, it is the same as smoking in the unit. Please do not allow the smoke into the unit. Cigarette smoke lingers long after you leave.
Firewood: For your convenience we supply all your firewood for campfires. We also supply campfire chairs for each unit. All campfires are restricted to the campfire area; no bonfires are allowed. All campfires must be attended to at all times by an adult. You may not build a fire and then leave it unattended. Do not cut down any trees or limbs for firewood or campfire sticks.
We are located in a National Forest where forest fires are always a concern. Guests will be required to abide by any local or state imposed burning bans, if implemented. Do not build large fires on windy days.
Please DO NOT bring your own firewood. Transporting firewood from one location to another often brings with it non-native bugs that can be devastating to our forests. A wood shed is centrally located with all the wood you may need. If you bring firewood onto the property, we will ask you to leave with it immediately.
Zero-Tolerance Policy: Please be aware that Timber Ridge Outpost & Cabins is NOT a party destination. We are a family & couples-oriented resort & follow a strict zero tolerance policy against drugs, abusive language, excessive drinking, loud music and obnoxious behavior that is disruptive to other guests or is considered unsafe in any way. We expect our guests to be respectful of other guests and their space. We ask that all music, loud children, pets or noises in general be kept at a minimum between the hours of 9 pm and 9 am. If a guest is being bothered by another guest, we ask that you notify us immediately so that we may address the situation. We live on the property and you will be given our home phone number when you check in for after hour emergencies. Anyone who does not follow these policies will be asked to leave immediately and will not receive a refund. We reserve the right to refuse to rent any unit to any person(s) or groups for any reason and at our sole discretion.
Please note, we do live on the property and monitor all our units closely. If you try renting any unit at Timber Ridge Outpost & Cabins with the intention of “having a party”, you and your guests will be asked to leave immediately and there will be no refunds. Visitors and all non-registered guests are not allowed on the property.
On site staff: Andrew & Jessica Hoffman and Daniel & Anna Schetky, owners of Timber Ridge Outpost & Cabins, live on-site and are available to their guests anytime. They can be reached between the hours of 8 am and 8pm for non-emergencies (24 hours a day for emergencies). During daytime hours call 618-264-9091. When you check in, you will be given the in-house guests’ phone number for any after hour emergencies.
If you are trying to reach a guest staying with us, please call us at 618-264-9091 and we will be happy to assist you.
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for www.TimberRidgeOutpost.com. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this web site. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
- How policy changes will be communicated.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone. Guests making a reservation at Timber Ridge Outpost & Cabins will be required to provide their name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and credit card information. This information is stored in the servers at Webreserv.com, our online reservation system provider. Timber Ridge Outpost & Cabins does not store this information on their premises.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Changes to this Policy
We may make changes to this privacy notice from time to time. You may check back on this page at any time to see our current policy.